As many of you may know, Jacks, our mini-rex, kind of has his own room. Since he needs to be let out twice a day for exercise and really does not like the dog he gets to be outrageously spoiled. However, that also means that Jacks’ room tends to get cluttered with my work supplies and other useless junk. His was the first room that I decided to try my “Snap-Shot” cleaning approach on.
On the left are the “before” shots with the ones on the right being the “after” shots.
Amount of time spent cleaning: 30 minutes.
While this room was cleaned close to a week ago in this style, what I can remember is the following:
- Floor swept
- Blanket folded and put away
- Unused router wire removed from room.
- Folders stood up and organized according to information contained.
- Bureaus dusted off.
- Books in boxes gone through and some donated to charity.
- Random papers, over-used chew sticks, and twist ties from hay bags thrown away/recycled.
It’s absolutely amazing how much of a difference just a little bit of time put into a room can make. While it didn’t feel like I had worked in there for half an hour), it was a nice feeling afterward to actually see the before and after. (What boxes that are left on the floor are strategically placed so that Jacks can’t get under anything and will have to remain on the floor until we get the extra few dollars to pick up some untreated lumber to place in front instead.)